Dual Enrolment Graduates 2016

Dual Enrolment Programme

Dual enrolment allows senior school students to earn credit towards an associate degree. Dual enrolment courses qualify for academic credit in the Bermuda Public senior school and post-secondary institutions.

1. Is it Right for Everyone?
Students should understand that dual enrolment courses are college courses and the amount of work necessary to succeed in dual enrolment courses may be much greater than in senior school courses. In addition, dual enrolment courses become a part of a student’s permanent college transcript and are calculated into the student’s permanent postsecondary GPA at Bermuda College.

2. Who Pays the College Tuition?
Tuition and fees are waived. Students, however, are responsible for the purchase of course materials such as textbooks, calculators, instructional supplies etc. from the Bermuda College Bookstore.

3. What is the Length of Eligibility?
A student can remain a dual enrolment student for the duration of their enrolment at their respective high school.

4. What Guidelines Should I be Aware of?

  • Students must abide by all Bermuda College policies, procedures and regulations including:
    • Standards of conduct and academic integrity
    • Appropriate classroom and campus behaviour
    • Use of cell phones in the classroom
    • Procedures for grade appeal, final exams, etc.
  • Students have access to all College services: library, Academic Resource Centre, computer labs, Counselling Services, Academic Advising, Cafeteria, et.
  • Grades and credit earned by students are recorded at Bermuda College by the Dual Enrolment Coordinator. Grades and GPA are reviewed at mid –term and at the end of each semester
  • Student progress is monitored by both the high schools and the college. Bermuda College Advisors are assigned to students to provide academic support
  • Students must maintain good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00. If students do not meet the minimum GPA requirement, they will be withdrawn from the programme
  • Students in good academic standing with a GPA of at least 2.00 are eligible to repeat courses
  • Grades are disseminated by the Dual Enrolment Coordinator to the schools and the Ministry of Education
  • Students are not eligible for student employment at Bermuda College
  • Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from their high schools
  • Each semester is 15 weeks long, including the final exam period.
  • Bermuda College breaks do not coincide with high schools breaks. However, students are expected to attend class whenever they are in session.
  • Students are expected to abide by the syllabus provided by their lecturers
  • In the case of absences due to illness or travel, students are expected to contact their lecturers by using the lecturer contact information

5. What types of Dual enrolment programmes are offered at Bermuda College?
At present, Bermuda College offers two programmes: the Associate Degree Programme and the new Technical Certificate Programme.

The Academic Dual Enrolment

Students can either be classified as Full time or Part time. Full time students meet all entry requirements and place into both freshmen mathematics and English on the placement test. They can enroll up to 15 credits or more depending on demonstrated performance prior to entry and with the successful completion of each semester course with a minimum grade of C.

Part time students meet all entry requirements and place into either freshmen mathematics or English on the placement test. They can enroll in up to 6 credits, two academic courses. 

There are a variety of courses available to all students in the Associate Degree Programme. The course selection and registration process is completed collaboratively by the student and the Bermuda College Dual Enrolment Coordinator.

The Technical Certificate Dual Enrolment

Students are classified as full time only. All students meet entry requirements and enroll  Into pre-selected programme courses. The registration process is completed by the Division of Applied Science, Business and Hospitality.

If you are a student who is interested in becoming a dual enrolment student you should contact the Head of Student Services at your high school to start the process.